Sunday, August 5, 2012

Your cheapest beauty buy win and pricey beauty buy fail?


 One of the things that I have recently purchased from target is one of the Studio Elf blushes called Pink Passion, it is the perfect pink. It doesnt have any shimmer or glitter in it, which is a nice change from all the blushes I have been buying. Not that it's a bad thing, but yeah, change is good sometimes.. Plus it's 3 bucks, can't complain.
 Look at that pink! Gorgeous!


Another purchase that I have made is the 16 Hour Lipstains from NYC cosmetics. I have purchased about five of them and they are just as good as the Revlon ust Bitten lipstain line. I have seen them from 3.99 to 4.99, so do some digging before you purchase.

 My favorite color is called rock on Ruby, it's a gorgeous red color that is perfect for day and night. Now does it last 16 hours as a promises? Not really. But it lasted 5-6 hours before I needed to reapply it.


My worst pricey beauty buy... I hate to say this but was my studio sculpt concealer from MAC.  I really wanted to love this product, but I just don't care for it. It cakes everywhere and I find the coverage to be lacking. I do have to admit that it does make a pretty decent eyeshadow base, so not a complete loss. The reason why I bought it was the rave reviews for it, but I guess in this case, someones treasure turned out to be my trash.
 I have a ton more to write about, but these were the first that came to my mind, so let me know what were your best and worst buys!

Erika

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I have one of the ELF's blushes and love it. I may want to try the NYX lip stain. I just started to get hooked on Revlon's Kissable lip balm stain. But since they are not yet available here in Canada yet( I bought mine off ebay) and maybe I will try the NYX ones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ELF blush is super pigmented! I tried it out, and you really do get a lot of bang for your buck. Too bad about that MAC concealer though :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My worst pricey buy would be a NARS brush set I got last year around the holidays - around $300 and I find I STILL reach for my MAC & Illamasqua brushes instead.. My best cheap buy would be the NYX blushes, I use them almost daily.

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry the NARS brushes didn't work out for you, but thanks for the tip. I just got my first MAC brush from Erika as a gift, and I love it!

      Delete
  4. I love this post idea and I may just do one on my blog too! I will link back to yours, <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! That's very sweet of you!

      Delete