Monday, August 20, 2012

Souvenir from Thailand - Khaokho Talaypu Virgin Sesame Oil

Long time no see everyone!  This week Erika was visiting me in Osaka, so we spent the entire time running around Japan.  She took lots of pics, maybe she can share one or two with us :)  However her visit went by fast, and she is already back in New York.
Recently my friend from Laos brought me back a souvenir from Thailand, virgin sesame oil from Khaokho Talaypu.  Khaokho Talaypu is a famous health food/product company, for more information check their website.  (She also got me a little something from Laos which I will post later.)



She left it with my husband, who of course couldn't explain anything about it, so I did a little research.  What the bottle says:
"Sesame oil contains large amounts of calcium, vitamins, minerals and unsaturated fats and can be used for preparing food or for applying to the skin." It can also be used for hair.


Now, that's not very descriptive, so I googled some more information.  Here's what I found out through this useful website.

"Sesame Seed Oil has been used as a healing oil for thousands of years. Sesame oil is mentioned in the Vedas as excellent for humans. It is naturally antibacterial for common skin pathogens, such as staphylococcus and streptococcus as well as common skin fungi, such as athlete's foot fungus. It is naturally antiviral. It is a natural anti inflammatory agent."

"Research shows that sesame seed oil is a potent antioxidant. In the tissues beneath the skin, this oil will neutralize oxygen radicals. It penetrates into the skin quickly and enters the blood stream through the capillaries. Molecules of sesame seed oil maintain good cholesterol (HDL) and lower bad cholesterol (LDL)."

"Used after exposure to wind or sun it will calm the burns." 

I wish I knew that last bit of info sooner, I got a burn over the weekend and bought aloe-had I known I would have just whipped out my sesame oil!  Here's what it looks like on this skin before absorbed:


Pretty much colorless, just a slight yellowish tint.  It absorbs super fast, and does not leave any color or greasy sheen like you'd think!  (Of course, be careful not to apply too much)  It has a very light sesame scent, but it doesn't last too long.  My skin felt baby soft after I applied it!

Sesame oil does so much more than what I took from that website, seriously go back to it for more information.  I have been cooking with it for years, and never knew how good it was for you- or that you can apply it directly to your skin!  I'm very happy to have this :D

Products can be found here, but the website is in Thai.  I found another website in English, but it wasn't working, so I'll update if I find a better one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment