Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NYC New York Color Lippin' Large Lip Plumper in Strawberry Mousse

I saw this in Target the other day, and I had to pick it up!  I'm always looking for new lip plumpers to try out.  The fact that it was a mere $3.99 definitely didn't hurt!
I chose Strawberry Mousse.  It's a light bubblegum pink color with silver shimmer.  Not super pigmented, but this time I wanted something more natural with a hint of shimmer for a plumper.  Plus, I love anything strawberry!

CIMG7582 by KitaRei
CIMG7582, a photo by KitaRei on Flickr.

Cute, isn't it?  Here's what the package says:  "With Cinnamon, Ginger, and Vitamin E.  Lips look and feel fuller and plumper!"  It smells minty, even though contains cinnamon.  I was hoping it would smell more like strawberry, but it still smells good.  After trying it on, it does tingle, but it doesn't sting as much as some of the stronger lip plumpers on the market.  But does it live up to the claim?  Let's take a look.

Lips before: (please forgive the bad picture)

Lips after:

I'm not totally sure I see a difference.. My friend said she thinks they look a little plumper, and I want to think so too, but I can't say for sure.  Please, I need opinions!  What do you all think?

What I liked:
  • It is a pretty shade
  • It did feel tingly, like it was trying to work, but not too painful.
  • It contains cinammon, ginger, and Vitamin E.
  • It has subtle shimmer.
  • It smells good.
What I didn't like:
  • I'm not sure if it actually works or not
  • It applies a little goopy, and is sticky like a standard gloss.
  • It doesn't smell like strawberry! (but that's not a big deal really ^^)

Overall, I do suppose you get what you pay for, but I would still purchase this again.  Why?  Because even if it's not the best plumper in the world, it's definitely better than nothing. It's nice as a casual gloss, though for serious results I would choose another plumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment