Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Deco Lipstick Palette

As promised yesterday, here is my first attempt at deco. It is little plain, all I added was rhinestones but it was super easy and anything else would have competed with the cute Eiffel Tower design. I originally got this idea from Violet Lebeaux, check her blog out, she is so creative! I went to Daiso to find lipstick compacts like she suggested, and they had none.. so I went to another Japanese dollar store, and none again, but they had this case, which was close enough-and the cutest they had and since I'm going to Paris next week, why not? ( please excuse the lipstick mess inside)


Case-turned-palette

This time I just used pre-stuck rhinestone strips that I also got from the Japanese dollar store.

Rhinestone seal

 I know many of you are probably saying "that won't last, they'll fall off!" and you're probably right, lol, but this was just practice for me.  I'm going to buy the proper glue and things very soon at Parts Club (Erika knows this store :) Plus I won't be taking this case out with me for a while until I fill it up completely, so I don't mind. After I get the proper glue I can fix any rhinestones that fall off.

Here is the finished product!
Deco Lipstick Palette by KitaRei
Deco Lipstick Palette, a photo by KitaRei on Flickr.

Yes I know it's not perfect, that some of the stones aren't straight, but again,  they were pre-made stone strips that I fit in and this was just practice to get a feel of what I need to do next time.  It actually doesn't look as wonky in real life, and I think it is pretty decent for my first deco project.

Now, here's the result of the lipstick that I created with that Japanese Revlon Not Just Nudes.  
Home-mixed lipgloss

I mixed an old unopened Karma Beauty cherry flavored glitter gloss (remember when Target sold those?? I used to love that brand..) and a Cover Girl frosty pink lipstick (yeesh!) that someone gave me which I held onto (again, I hate waste).  It came in handy here, as the resulting color is now a pretty shimmery brownish-coral, much much more wearable for me.

Thanks for reading as always, please let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this turned out so well! Adorable :D I love the tower design and the lipgloss you made looks really versatile! Well done, I can't wait to see what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Violet, your reply means a lot! I read your blog often, and your tutorials really inspire me. I've been much more crafty lately. I have something else to post, but it's a surprise for Erika, so I'll be posting it after I see her next month :)

      Delete